Saturday, December 31, 2005

Pictures Below

Sorry about the weird format. I must have done something to the blog to cause it to come up all weird. Anyway, we are having floods all around town and including our yard and street. Couple feet of water almost to the house. We had to dig trenches in a dike separating the street and a large canal next to our house to try and drain some of the water. It seems to have done the trick as far as stabalizing the levels. Downtown Carson became flooded by Kings Canyon Creek and they diverted all the water our way (or at least a lot of it) to save the downtown area. I was out looking at the highwaters of the canal when I heard a funny sound and looked up the street to see a 10 inch high wall of brown water coming down it. I ran back to the house and watched the water levels continue to rise. After a while I saw my cool Irish neighbor, Dennis, standing and looking at it and we agreed we needed to try and divert some of it. So, that's what we did. Enjoy the pics, I'll post more when the flooding slows down. I'm cold and tired right now after two hours of standing in knee deep freezing water digging out mud filled trenches. Yuck.

No comments: