Thursday, March 09, 2006

Commuting to Work by Bike in Carson City









I decided to start biking to work again after a long layoff from it. I used to love doing it but the traffic and lousy roads (lots of glass from the trashy population pitching their liquor bottles out the window of their cars) have kept me resisting it somewhat. One of the ladies here at work commutes about 95% of the time and has been harrassing me so much that I decided to get off my rear end and start up again. My old commuter bike was a Cannodale 2000 with a Lefty shock. The brakes died though and I have to do about 500.00 in upgrades to make it adaptable for new brakes. Since I don't have the money right now I'm riding my trail bike. It's like riding an underpowered Lincoln Towncar. Lots of comfort on the bumps but very slow on the go. But, what the heck. It works. Here are some shots of me coming home last night. Notice the large storm clouds. It was breezy and 37 degrees out with light snow now and again. I was so bundled up though that the only thing that was bothering me was my bladder being overfilled.

2 comments:

Evil_Homer said...

you work in a museum? hehe.

Ridgetop said...

No, actually that's the Capital building down the street. I'm in a cubicle hell in a modern single story. That swamp is outside my back door.