Thursday, March 16, 2006

Even more snow pics









Went skiing again on Wednesday. The area was covered in about 18" of fresh powder. Started out great but got really chopped up by mid afternoon. As I'm a lousy skier on this stuff my knees were getting pretty worn out by the end of the day. The first shots are to show the amount of snow up on top of the Mt. Rose Highway. The last shots are pics I took while skiing the runs. In the ski shots the first one is showing the huge amount of people on the freshly groomed trails. Note the groomer still working the slopes. The next shot is of the fresh powder in Kit Carson Bowl. Then a shot of Mt. Rose in the distance. If you look at the bottom of the picture you can barely make out the ski lifts at the bottom of the hill. Then we go to a shot of a poor woman who went down hard in the chopped up stuff. Very difficult to ski this if you've never done it before. Last shot is looking down Sunrise Bowl into Washoe Lake. I still have problems on this hill for some reason. Must be the fact it looks like you could fall 5000' into the lake below if you crash. I have crashed here and I think I fell something closer to 5 feet.

1 comment:

Evil_Homer said...

Dang!! Thats ALOT of snow. Washoe lake looks pretty full as well. What the heck is up with the weather. Reno NEVER got that much snow when I lived there!!!