Thursday, November 17, 2005

Weird Things in the Desert




I often find the lost corners of Nevada to be rather interesting. This one even caught me by surprise. While riding through the desert in my 4x4 truck my friend Alex and I came across a bunch of abandoned tanks scattered across the landscape. Lots of fun. Old M48's, Sgt. Yorks, and Sheridans for the most part. Also a lot of M113 APC's which were rather torn up but fun to crawl around in nonetheless. I guess the military uses them for recon or spotting practice during flyovers. Not really sure but no one was within 50 miles of us. Made for some great explorations.

2 comments:

Evil_Homer said...

Dang. Now thats a pretty good find. Hopefully you were not in a bombing zone.

DeadTaco said...

Yeah, you've gotta take us out there! ARGH!